Saturday 7:28 am 13th April, 2024
×
FOLLOW US
Home Education News Study Abroad

Germany beats Canada as top study abroad destination

Germany has overtaken Canada as the favored study abroad choice among Indian students, suggests a research by an online higher education business. Canada is facing a great drop in popularity with only 9.3% of total users choosing it as an ideal destination, the study shows.
 

Written by Thelearnvine

Contrary to forecasts, European Union nations (48.8%) have been having higher demand, followed by the USA (27.6%) and the UK (9.5%). Demand for the UK has dropped by 11.34% since the last survey which could be traced to the UK's withdrawal of the dependent visa policy.
 

Change in the preferences

Within the EU, locations like Germany (32.6%), Ireland (3.9%), France (3.3%), and other European nations (9%) are gaining popularity amongst Indian students in 2024, overtaking Canada. This trend also shows a change in the preferences of the ever-growing expectations of Indian students, who are increasingly looking at Europe as an affordable and high-quality education destination which leverages its rich industrial strength.

With insights acquired and assessed from over 25,000 applicants across tier-I/ metros (42.8%), tier-II and tier-III (57.2%) cities, the research provides extensive and insightful views that are becoming popular in India.
 


Key findings

The bulk of study abroad candidates have an Engineering background, followed by Commerce degree holders. Among our responders, most of them were BTech graduates (44%), followed by BCom graduates (19%), BSc graduates (15%), and BA graduates (10%).

In terms of job experience, 44% of respondents reported as new graduates, 23% with 0-2 years of experience, 19% with 2-6 years of experience, and 14% with more than 6 years of work experience. State Board students dominated in study abroad desire with an overwhelming 56% of responses from state boards, while just 32% were from CBSE and the remaining 12% were from ISC or IB.

Better jobs appeared as the main reason to study abroad followed by great education and permanent residency. Nearly 45.7% of respondents held the perspective that studying abroad boosts their employability, exposes them to global job markets, and gives possibilities for professional growth and development.


Most sought-after courses

Management degrees are the most sought-after programs, identified by 55.6% of respondents as learners aspire to strengthen their leadership talents and aim for the C-suite. Over 28.7% indicate interest in Computer Science and IT suggesting a spike in demand for cutting-edge technologies. Traditional Engineering and Medical Science degrees followed.

Over 41.1% of the candidates stated to be from middle-class households with an international education budget ranging from 16 to 25 lakhs. This has also increased to the appeal of economical locations and integrated learning. The second-largest category of 40.4% were those with a budget between 26-50 lakh. At least 66.5% of the respondents opted to seek school loans to cover the study abroad budget needs, while the remaining 33.5% claimed they had access to self-funding.
 

mark_as_unread
Subscribe To Get More Informations
By signing up you agree to our Terms & Conditions
Tags:
Popular news
Study Abroad Related News